No LAN what-so-ever. Customer is very paranoid.

Yes, sanitisation would be handy. Perhaps I should call an AGI file to do this. Although I'm not sure how you can hack a system using only numbers 0-9, # and *. I'm sure there's a way!!!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tzafrir Cohen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Set system time over the phone

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 09:45:54AM +1000, Mike Sander wrote:
I have installed Asterisk using the [EMAIL PROTECTED] image for a client that is
VoIP-a-phobic.

Hence the system cannot be connected to their LAN at all - don't ask why!

Does it have a lan connection at all? If so, you could use ntpd. Setting the clock manually can have some side-effects and some services may require running.

I have tested the clock at my installation lab, and all is fine, but they might want to set/check it.

I know there is the SayUnixTime command, and it works fine to say the time.

Is there a good dialplan command to test it? Best I've come across is
System, but this exits non-zero. Any ideas?

exten 456,1,Background(Please-set-time-mmddhhmm)
exten _.,1,System (date ${EXTEN})

Before passing input blindly to system, you need to sanitize it. E.g: Any chance someone could dial a ';'? If so, that one can run an arbitrary shell command (as Asterisk's user).

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's