Kris Boutilier wrote:
I have a PRI connection between Asterisk and a PBX. The connection passes through a
hardware echo canceller which includes some monitoring facilities. Occasionally the
T1 has gone yellow for short periods (<2 seconds) and when this occurs Asterisk
seems to immediately tear down any in-progress calls. Is this expected behavior or
should the established B-channels stay up (sans audio) until the T1 either goes red
or a longer period of time (say > 10 seconds) passes?

I appreciate the best solution would be to fix the cause of the intermittant yellow alarms, however I am curious...

Check your Zaptel card timing setting. i.e. span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs in /etc/zaptel.conf. The second "1" on the line says "get timing for T-1 frames FOR THIS CARD from the other end of the T-1"

I have a problem where I have two T-1s from our provider and I'm getting the frame timeing from T-1 #1. T-1 #2 every once in a while goes into yellow alarm for a very short time. There's nothing I can do about it because I'm using a 4-port Digium card and there's only one timing source per card.