Matt wrote:

I have a STUN server running on my Asterisk box which seems to work
for most of my SIP clients.. but some of them seem to require NAT=yes
turned on.   If I go further and turn QUALIFY=yes to on, is there a
reason I need to keep running a STUN server?  If so, what's the
difference?

I never understood why Asterisk users seem to have such a fetish for STUN and SER. Most people don't need them. If you have many phones behind NAT and you want the phones to call each other and you want to enable reinvites then, yes, you need SER or STUN or something like that.

Asterisk seems to be commonly used in three ways:

1) Home Phone System
2) Business Phone System
3) Internet Telephony Service Provider

Generally none of these types of use has a large percentage of phones behind NAT and calling each other.

Companies like FWD, etc DO need this since most of their users are calling each other.

-- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. Mark Twain _______________________________________________ Asterisk-Users mailing list Asterisk-Users@lists.digium.com http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users