Rich Adamson wrote:

On incoming SIP calls, the caller just gets silence instead of ringing
until *  answers the channel.   Is this a configuration issue on my
end?

Chris

Correction, this is true for both IAX and SIP incoming calls on my system. I have IAX setup with teliax and SIP with livevoip.

Hmm, I did not realize that the Ringing command can be used before the call is answered, I thought it could only be used after it was answered. Putting the Ringing command at the top of the extension fixed my problem.

I don't believe an iax -> sip call is considered answered until the
sip phone picks up. Therefore, the "r" option instructs asterisk to
provide ringback tone until the sip does answer. (That's not necessarily
true with some other channels though.)

No. "r" instructs Asterisk to provide a fake ringback tone. If you need "r" then something is seriously wrong. Asterisk will always provide rinback tones when it thinks it should.

--Eric

-- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. Mark Twain _______________________________________________ Asterisk-Users mailing list Asterisk-Users@lists.digium.com http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users