Some questions:

What country are you in?

Is there anything else connected to the line from the PSTN? It sounds like you have a marginal condition, such as insufficient loop current perhaps.

Do have any features, such as call waiting, on the line?

Do you know how far you are from the central office?

Do you have another line you can switch to and try the same card?

Does the Red alarm occur at the moment the call is disconnected, or afterward?

Regards
Scott Stingel

www.evtmedia.com

Yusuf Iqbal wrote:

Previously I have posted the same mail but no one answered me...Sorry
for resending the mail.

I have bought a Wildcard X101P for my Asterisk PBX. Now I can place
and get calls through the lines/channel. Everything is okay but the
problem is when I call outside through our PSTN line, after few
minutes the connection breaks down. The same thing happens in case of
incoming calls. I have checked my wiring and don't face that problem
using direct connection. Whenever I call using that card, after few
minutes I get a RED Alarm and if I reconnect the line, the Alarm is
cleared.

Therefore, I cannot continue my conversation through that line. Can
anybody help me regarding this problem?

//