chawki,

If I may answer this; If you have 600ms round trip to voipjet, I would guess there are further problems with your line than simple latency. That additional 2.5 seconds of delay may be any combination of things, but I would look first to your ISP and their backbone.

I have tried voipjet, and while I wasn't enamored with it, I did not find any latency issues that you speak of.

Good luck!

Sean

chawki hammoud wrote:

thank you Rob:

the problem is that I am experiencing about 3 secs
latency although the ping is 600ms which is a round
trip packet travel time. so i should experience about
half a sec latency including the voipjet server
response and the latency to the pstn. that is
annoying, but nothing compared to about 3 sec.

do you think the rest of the delay is due to voipjet
slow response to the pstn network or some other issues
would you be bale to clculate where the 3 sec is
comming from

thanks.

Around 250ms max. Over that and you will have the
walkie-talkie effect
you are experiencing.