I found this to happen when a caller is leaving a message * lights the MWI as soon as the message is being recorded. If the called person calls into the * and listens to the message before it is done they here only a partial message and the VM sends an empty attachment. Strange isn't it? I wish * would light the MWI when the message is complete not at the start of recording.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew C. Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 5:14 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Empty voicemail attachments?

I have Asterisk newly setup. When a voicemail is left, Asterisk emails out the voicemail as a wav file attachment (in voicemail.conf, append=yes) but the attachment always ends up having a size of 0 bytes and no content to play.

Diagnosis steps taken so far:
I used Kmail to manually send myself a local email with an attachment and that came through whole.
I looked at the wav files stored in the spool directories and they are complete and playable as expected
But the content of the file doesn't make it through email.

Any ideas anyone can offer as a possible cause of this problem?
Thanks a mil

voicemail.conf:

format=WAV|wav|gsm
append=yes