tgj wrote:

Hi Ronald,

It seems like you need to put in "default" as your context. However I think your problem was that you put the number in CallerID column and The CallerID in the Name column. I was hoping to hear if it helped you to change that?

Let's try it together: 1. Open IPswitch 2. Open Extensions tab on top 3. Switch to the tab Speed Dials on the bottom 4. Fill in: Name: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Caller Id: Peter Visible on Panel: (ticket) Exentension Group: Speed Dial Numbers

"Congratualtions, you have successfully installed the Asterisk Open Source ..... "

bye

Ronald

Thorben

"Ronald Wiplinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

tgj wrote:

Hi Ronald,

I must admit I am getting confused now.

I understand that you have a problem getting Speed Dial Buttons to work. The problem as I understand it is that the calls are placed in the wrong context.

To solve that problem I have asked you to make sure that you have typed a valid context on the configuration page. Have you tried that?

I think thats all you need to do, how do I post an example of that? It's a fairly easy thing to do.

Thorben

What is the right syntax to do that? Context for dialing a trunk line is trunkint Peter has the phone number 011-234-5678 How to set it up as a speed dial number? Below are all info you may need:

The phone 601 (= Monitor extension) is a Sip phone,

[general]
context=default            ; Default context for incoming calls

[601]
type=friend
username=601
secret=dont+tell+you
canreinvite=no
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
nat=yes
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
callerid="Ronald Hotline",<601>
qualify=1000

extensions.conf [default] ... include => trunkint ...

[trunkint]
;
; International long distance through trunk
;     .....  other lines deleted
exten => _9011Z.,107,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
exten => _9011Z.,108,hangup