Paul Tyreman wrote:

Hi,

After months of testing Asterisk, I am finally ready to roll it out, replacing my previous VOIP server (brekeke's ondo SIP Server), which was very restrictive.

However, I am experiencing some problems with phones which are on a different network to the server (connecting via the internet). I have managed to get the phone to register with the Asterisk server, and I can make a call and hear it ringing, but once connected no audio can be heard in either direction.

I have opened the following ports: 5004, 5060, 5061 and 10000 - 10010 on my router, but am still having no joy.

When I used ondo, I had to add my WAN IP address to the configuration files, so I was wondering if I have to do that in some .conf file in Asterisk ?

Hope someone can help ?

Thanks, Paul.

I had this problem on a vpn ( highly recommended, given how easy it is to implement openvpn now ). I changed the IP address in the SIP file to my server ( 192.168.1.1, remember, on a vpn ), everything just worked.

Good luck

Sean