Could you point me in the direction where you read that? Maybe there is more there to read.

Thanks,
Daniel

On Apr 28, 2005, at 6:31 PM, Michael D Schelin wrote:

I just read a great paper that said turn off anything that won't be used. Serial, USB , Printer ports, ETC. No Xwindows!

Daniel Salama wrote:

Hi,

I've been reading on the wiki as well as on this list, different suggestions of what to look for when designing an asterisk server with a lot of traffic. By "a lot" of traffic, I mean a box with a a TE4XXP, that will be hit to full capacity (96 simultaneous calls). This box will also deliver these calls to SIP users and record all their conversations via Monitor.

I've heard that it's not necessarily a matter of memory (RAM) nor the need to have a multi-processor machine. But what really matters is that the motherboard (architecture) is designed to handle such a high amount of interrupts generated by the TE4XXP, the NIC, the storage array (whether it's SCSI or IDE or SATA).

Does anyone have experience with particular brands of either motherboards they recommend are capable to handle this or complete systems (e.g. Dell xxxx or whichever brands), that are ready for this?

Thanks,
Daniel