Hi Matt,

> Does anyone have experience with using NAS
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network-attached_storage) or SAN
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_area_network) for this
> application?

I've had our agent/queue recordings dumped both to local disk and SAN
(currently using local disk as the SAN is being used for some other
stuff).

With both SAN (2GB FC) and local disk, we haven't had any problems like
the ones described by Daniel.  One of our live servers has 4 PRI's going
with an average of about 40-50 calls at any given time during the day
(60-70 peak), all being recorded, and we've had zero issues.  The other
two servers have similar configurations, but lower call volumes (5-20
calls depending on time of day).

I'd be leary about doing it over NFS or Samba or any other sort of
networked filesystem though.  For our servers, that'd be extra I/O
that'd have to go over either one of the network interfaces (both of
which are plenty busy already with IAX2 and/or SIP).  I guess it depends
on your network card and how well behaved it is in terms of
interrupts/etc..  You could say the same thing for local disk if you had
slower drives and/or disk controllers.

Ken.