Joerg Wleklik wrote:
On Fri, 6 May 2005 22:10, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

Joerg Wleklik wrote:

Hi Folks,

Does anybody have experiences with plugging 3 TDM400P cards in one PC??

I think about a Asterisk box handling 8 incoming analogue lines and

providing

4 lines to an old analogue PBX.

I read a lot about trouble with the TDM400P cards so this idea seams to be

not

really god, or?

If you need 12 ports then you should use a T-1 card and a Channel Bank.

That would be easy, but......

I have 8 analogue lines incoming right now and changing the phone number is not an option (costs for advertising). This lines go right now into an analogue PBX. A new building will get IP-Phones connected to an asterisk box.
The idea is to take the incoming calls in the asterisk, route to the new building via IP and serve the old PBX with 4 analogue lines.

A channel bank provides analog ports and allows you to interface them to Asterisk via a T-1 card.

Asterisk(T-1 card)<->(T-1 interface)Channel Bank(analog interface)