Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
On May 7, 2005 08:29 am, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

In much of the world the PSTN dialplan is not that simple.  Yes, a more
specific dialplan than my _X. exmaple is a good idea, but the USA has a
VERY simple PSTN dialplan and is NOT like most of the world.

Perhaps I am naive but I don't think that diaplans would be that much more complex if people matched more accurately at all. Granted most of my calling is north american, but there's some south america and germany in there as well, along with a sprinkle of UK. None of them would require _X. to match the vast majority of the numbers in those locations.

I would, however, enjoy it if some people could give examples of screwed up PSTN dialing matching around the world. I'd enjoy the challenge of creating tightly-matching dialplans for them.

Number Format - Ireland (this one is great)

Area Code:            1-3 digits
Subscriber Number:    5-7 digits
Trunk Prefix:         0
International Prefix: 00