----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Boehm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Compile Error - MySql addon

cannot find -lz
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cdr_addon_mysql.so] Error 1

What is amazing is that people are able to read directions for downloading from CVS, but can't read the error message generated by the complier.

The compiler said that it cannot find -lz. (what is -lz you ask? google has
the answer to that.)

What is even more amazing is that you were able to compile mysql without -lz
because I believe -lz is a requirement of mysql.

-lz is your zlib library.

zlib should be in /usr/lib/

-Matthew

Mathew

Thanks for the pointer. Eventually found out which library was missing. zlib-devel. zlib itself was there.

All I can say is that you seem to be easily amazed. :-)

All the best
Steve B