> > Java compiles into bitcode, that a bitcode interpreter runs. Its kinda
> > in a state of flux between the two :)

Again, shows his ignorance

> Fourth, Scheme and Lisp are very similar to OCaml (LISP family of
> languages). Scheme and Lisp are interpreted, while OCaml is compiled.

Actually, Javascript, Python, Lisp and Scheme are more along the lines
of the same family.

The ML and Haskell families are  the most strongly typed languages
with really complex checking schemes which makes them one of the most
advanced and well thaught out software ever written. The only
similarity it has with Scheme/Lisp is its strong optimizations for
tail recursion (which python lacks, but makes up for in its support
for concurrency and huge library and ease of use)

Also ML is usually interpreted but can be compiled and reach speeds
comparable to C++ with generics, but the same holds true for Python
and Java. The amazing thing about ML is the type inference engine it
has which makes it almost as transparent as the dynamic languages.

I fully agree that the only thing that makes sense is the right tool
for the right job. Theres no generalities in programming.