Ok, guys... Please be gentle with me. I have what is going to be the strangest question you will have ever heard, but I have no idea what to tell this person.

I set up Asterisk 3 or 4 weeks ago, everything is running smooth. My receptionist has told me on two different occasions that she tried to transfer a call by pressing "#", and she heard a buzz noise in the phone and the phone then SHOCKED her in her ear. She wasn't able to do anything with the phone for a few seconds as the buttons didn't respond, then she could go back to picking up calls and whatnot.

This is a Cisco 7960, SIP 7.4 on power over ethernet. I don't see how it would be possible for her to get physically shocked by the phone. Has anyone ever heard of this happening on any type of voip hardware?

Mark