I've got an Asterisk box at a client; last week, it just stopped answering
the phone.  Outbound calls still went, but inbound -- no dice.  Asterisk
didn't even acknowledge that the line was ringing.  A reboot fixed it --
though, clearly, I can't have them rebooting all the time.

So:

- Should I be thinking hardware or software as the issue?

- Until I resolve the issue, how would I go about writing a script to call
  the customer from my own Asterisk box, and, if the call doesn't get
  answered after (say) 30 seconds, send me an e-mail saying that
  something's wrong?  I'm not even sure where to start with something like
  this, but I have to imagine it's been done before.

Thanks!

Ken D'Ambrosio