I have that same problem just now. I`m trying to find some solution with serveral tests, using IOS v.12.3(8r)T7 on the C2821 box with two PRI ports.

When i find something, it`ll be posted here, and i`m awaiting to do it also from your side.

-b

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 2:55 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Getting a Cisco gateway to work with Asterisk

Can anyone please help me with sample IOS commands to get a Cisco gateway working properly with Asterisk.

I cannot get my Cisco 2801 with BRI interfaces to call into Asterisk.

The Cisco identifies itself as sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I cannot figure out how to get it to identify as sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED] The gateway works with other SIP servers that don't require authentication, but Asterisk wants it to authenticate, or at least idenitify itself and I cannot work this bit out.

If I put in the host address in my sip.conf, I still get a "cannot find host 192.168.44.23:<random port number>, where <random port number> is actually some random port number.

I am at my wits end.

Regards

Mark