Okay, we're splitting hairs  here about "installed" versus simply DL's
and launched by the JVM, but the point is that Java must exist and be
enabled on the client to support this. I agree that this is a reasonable
assumption, but in a few minutes, someone is going to post an objection
that "you can't make that assumption..." and she will be (technically)
correct.

Still...

> I would say that Java would be ideal for an application like this.

I agree completely. It seems like the best platform choice, by a
substantial margin.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.