On Monday 06 June 2005 17:12, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> With kernel 2.6 you only get ISDN tty devices through the capidrv
> module, no more analog modem login support with the obsoleted diva2i4l
> module.

I've never used it on 2.6, and only with the official Eicon supplied drivers
with the 'Divatty' kernel module.

> You get benefits from the zaptel interface (zapscan, zapbarge, etc.),
> closer to the metal, less latency.

Yep, that's true.

> It works, but when ISDN channels are busy faxing, asterisk has no way to
> know which outgoing channel is free: users get a congestion when trying
> to call out (unless you program some channel testing logic/loop inside
> your dialplan). This is a major bummer in production.

Have a look at the MTPX 'adapter pool'support that comes as part of the Eicon
driver set - it gives a single eight B-channel device via CAPI, and both the
TTY and CAPI interfaces will do a 'find any free channel' via this, so as
long as you have one channel, it actually doesn't make any difference whether
you've opened /dev/ttyds01 or /dev/ttyds08  :)

I expect the same would then be true of multiple CAPI applications.

Cheers,
Gavin.