Hey everyone,
   I am a new user to asterisk, and have encoutered a problem making outgoing calls through my OEM Digium FXO PCI Card.

Basically,  I dial a number from my SIP Phone, say

9-4107777373

Then it picks up my line, and dials

410-777-737..........3

or

4-107(jumbled together)-737

and leaves out numbers...

Sometimes, it works fine... but many times I get a ***your call did not go through*** message from my phone company.

I am using Asterisk @ Home distro, and a Celeron 2.4 ghz machine.

I had one other question as well... I am trying to set this up as a phone system for a school (for summer school)...i am daisy chaining off their pbx.  to dial outside, their pbx requires that you press...

9.... (then wait until you hear a dial tone, 2-4 seconds)
then 9 again (wait 1-2 seconds)

then area code and number.

Is there a way I can program asterisk where the user can simply dial...

94108887373, and Asterisk automatically dials...

9.....9..4108887373?

Thanks for any help,
greatly appreciate it!

Matt Basch

--
Matthew J. Basch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

***I have a new e-mail account with gmail.
All e-mails sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(and the rest of my umbc accounts) will be forwarded
automatically to [EMAIL PROTECTED],however, please
update my contact information in your address book to
the new information.  Thanks.