I had an interesting conversation with a friend earlier today with regards
to CNAM.   We know its possible to dynamically generate a Caller ID NUMBER
for an outgoing call depending on your carrier -- so logic would immediately
dictate we should have the ability to dynamically generate a Caller ID NAME
for that call (when transmitting OUTSIDE the Asterisk realm).

So instead of getting into details -- I'd like some input on:

1.  Why dynamic CNAM issue is a big deal?
2.  Why does the Name info have to be dug out each time from a shared
database (if its shared) based on the number (some carriers do this) by the
carrier's lookup servers....   and then spit out to its subscribers?
3.  Why can't the NAME be sent with the NUMBER info from one carrier to the
other?
4.  or ....  Is transmitting NAME with the NUMBER simply a limitation on the
switch the telcos carry?

If he WORLD were using Asterisk -- and all calls were 100% IP based,  then
sure...  dynamically generating and sending NAME and NUMBER for CID purposes
is not an issue.   However the WORLD uses a multitude of different products.

Please advise.

Cheers!
Reza.