Guy,
I have several astlinux box in production with pppoe. This is changes I made in
version 0.4.8:
In file /usr/sbin/pppoe-status replace line 64 with
for i in /var/run/ppp*.pid ; do

In file file /usr/sbin/pppoe-start include
CONFIG1=$CONFIG
before line "export CONFIG" (line 120)
and replace line 167 + 1  with
/usr/sbin/pppoe-status $CONFIG1 > /dev/null 2>&1

Also, in crontab I add line
*/7 * * * *  /usr/sbin/pppoe-start
If adsl modem was turn off  when astlinux boot, pppoe never goes up when adsl
modem turn on. This is reason for line in crontab.

Hope this help.

Dominko

Guy Neale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi

Tried to configure PPPOE and am having exactly the same problem with my
0.4.8 system, 'times out but still works'. I've tried to figure out the
differences between my system and the changes Kristian made in trunk,
but unfortunately I only know enough Linux/scripting to be dangerous
(learning). Any chance either of you could point me in the right
direction. (That's if there's a quick fix to be made)

Included some info below (should I have a
/var/run/pppoe.conf-adsl.pid.pppd or was this part of Kristian's fix in
trunk)

pbx / # pppoe-status
pppoe-status: Link is down (can't read pppd PID file
/var/run/pppoe.conf-adsl.pid.pppd)
pbx / # find . -name '*ppd*' -print
./usr/sbin/pppd
./usr/sbin/pppdump