Now that I have the 0.6 branch running in my sandbox I started to configure
it and have found a couple of things.

1) The webgui uses a directory "rc.conf.d" into which network settings are
placed, and the documentation recommends that we put a "user.conf" file in
here for our own settings.  I found that this file was not created by
default, and therefore did not appear in the list of files that can be
edited by the GUI.  I had to upload one myself, after which it appeared in
the list in the GUI.  It would be nice if a user.conf file was created by
default (blank, with just a few comment lines with instructions maybe?)

2) I asked for, and Lonnie implemented, a way to launch the asterisk-gui
from the web interface. Lonnie created a field into which I could enter any
URL and a link appears in the top right.  What is the right naming
convention for this URL if I want to have the gui substitute the URL base
name rather than hardcode a IP address or name (like "pbx")... in
otherwords, the "link" URL needs to be different depending on whether I
access the Astlinux box through the EXTIF or the INTIF.

Also.. Astlinux now has the asterisk-gui version 2,  nice... But FYI, I have
found problems with a change that they implemented in how asterisk Contexts
are named in extensions.conf and users.conf... which is incompatible with
the old way of doing things (and in my opinion wrong).  I have started a
discussion on this over in the asterisk-gui list at
http://lists.digium.comif you are interested.

Thanks,
David