Hi

I would like to update /etc/modprobe.conf to enable debugging of the
wctdm card (I am suffering occasional disconnects when connected over
the PSTN).

I have remounted the disk as RO and added the line

options wctdm debug=1

/etc/modprobe.conf and successfully saved the file. However after
rebooting the file is reverting to its previous form, before my update.

I have tried putting the new copy of modprobe.conf in /mnt/kd but the
update still does not make it into the /etc/modprobe.conf.

How do I update the file.

Thanks in advance.
Mart