After much effort by several people, we're happy to announce the release
of version 0.6.2 of AstLinux (just in time for Thanksgiving--in the US).
  Files are available for download on the SourceForge website:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=170462

There are many updates to Astlinux 0.6.2 from 0.6.1 and countless more
from 0.4.8. (see the release notes on the SourceForge site for more
details).

There are several bug fixes and updates to packages in this release.
It's recommended that anyone using Astlinux, upgrade to this version.

You'll notice two or three versions per target device.  (.iso, .img.gz
and .tar.gz).  I'll try to explain here which image you'll want to use.

If you are brand new to Astlinux and want to just try it out on existing
hardware, download one of the ISO images.  Burn these ISO images to a
cdrom using your favorite image burning program.  I didn't think it made
much sense to create ISO's for the net4801 or net5501.  Note that at
this time, you cannot install the image from the CD.

If you're new and want to install AstLinux, you'll want to grab the most
appropriate img.gz file.  (note that the net5501 image should work just
fine with the PC Engine's ALIX boards).  gunzip the file, then use
either dd or physdiskwrite to transfer the image to a compact flash.  A
128MB partition will be created on the CF card.

If you're an existing 0.6.x user, you can upgrade to 0.6.2 by
downloading the appropriate tar.gz file.  Decompress the archive and
copy the files to your 'os' directory on the compact flash.

More details about creating and using unionfs and the key disk are
available on the Astlinux website (http://www.astlinux.org).

I want to thank Philip and Lonnie for their many hours of contributions
to this latest release.  Philip has really cleaned up some of the
underlying build system structure.  Lonnie has done a great job with the
web interface which continues to evolve and improve.  I'd also like to
thank Kristian who got this whole thing started and allowed us to run
with it.

Enjoy!

Darrick