Hi list,

is it possible to use an USB2Serial-adapter with an Soekris or Alix board?
I know the Soekris have a 2nd port (I need for MWI to a legacy PBX)
but I then have to drill a hole, and I like to try an Alix 2D3 in the
future.

This is what I get on a net4801 with the adapter (PL-2303) plugged in:
-----------------
dmesg | grep usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
usbcore: registered new device driver usb
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.6:USB HID core driver
------------------
ll /dev/*usb*
crw-rw----    1 root     root     189,   0 Dec 20  2008 /dev/usbdev1.1
crw-rw----    1 root     root     253,   0 Dec 20  2008 /dev/usbdev1.1_ep00
crw-rw----    1 root     root     253,   1 Dec 20  2008 /dev/usbdev1.1_ep81
crw-rw----    1 root     root     189,   1 Dec 20  2008 /dev/usbdev1.2
crw-rw----    1 root     root     253,   2 Dec 20  2008 /dev/usbdev1.2_ep00
crw-rw----    1 root     root     253,   4 Dec 20  2008 /dev/usbdev1.2_ep02
crw-rw----    1 root     root     253,   3 Dec 20  2008 /dev/usbdev1.2_ep81
crw-rw----    1 root     root     253,   5 Dec 20  2008 /dev/usbdev1.2_ep83
------------------
lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

I found this reference:
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x356.html

Any experiences so far?