Pete Kay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to select the hardware platform to use for Astlinux.
> Could someone give some suggestions as to how VIA, Soekris, and
> PCEngine compare to each other in terms of price, performance, and
> durability?  I am more inclined to VIA or Soekris.  Could someone with
> experience from the field give me some suggestion?
>
> Thanks alot for your kind help in advance.

My own experiences are somewhat limited, but I had settled on VIA in the
Neoware 140 model. However because of the way the motherboard is
architected there seem to be significant problems getting the PCI slot
to use a different IRQ to the on board NIC.  This produced horrible
quality when using a TDM400 card.

I have used Wyse Winterm boxes (VIA) with much more success, but in
order to save space and power I am now looking to net5501.

Mart