Darren,

if you don't require running system from CF card, Elastix has excellent fax support, you can set it easily through web gui. It would be great if AstLinux had something similar, though.
Niksa

Darren Grant wrote:
Fax Support

Hi

Up until yesterday I had faxes received on an Exchange server, but that
hardware died. So I figured it was time to get creative and dispense with
the old modem that hung off a serial port and use Asterisk instead. Mainly
because after 2 days of trying I couldn't get the modem to work with a
USB-Serial adaptor required due to the lack of serial port on the new
hardware, anyway ...

Is there any way to get Astlinux to receive faxes ? Looking over old posts
on the list I see that the digum fax module is not available for Astlinux. I
really hope there is a way as I have just had a quick look at AstriskNOW 1.5
and what a mess that is, all the documentation is out-of-date, they seem to
have switched from astrisk-gui to FreePBX for no apparent reason and just
generally left users in the dark ! They have really messed that up and I can
see a lot of people abandoning it as a result.

Asltlinux is far slicker, it is just a dilema if I can't get Astlinux to
receive a fax I'll be stuck.

Thanks
Darren

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The NEW KODAK i700 Series Scanners deliver under ANY circumstances! Your production scanning environment may not be a perfect world - but thanks to Kodak, there's a perfect scanner to get the job done! With the NEW KODAK i700 Series Scanner you'll get full speed at 300 dpi even with all image processing features enabled. http://p.sf.net/sfu/kodak-com

Donations to support AstLinux are graciously accepted via PayPal to pay...@krisk.org.