After trying to buildroot the astlinux-0.6-2163 svn tree a handful of times
(make; distclean; make; distclean--new linux install...was missing a few
important libraries) I finally got an image to work (with a little help from
depmod after booting). My main goal was to see what was included with the
Asterisk-GUI package. When I finally got the svn image built and added to my
Alix3D.3 board, I tried to hit the Ast-gui website and got no where. Just
404 errors everywhere.

Here are my two questions:

1) How do I fix the 404 errors that come up on every page of the
Asterisk-gui? I googled to death and the closest post was from mid 2008
saying that ast-gui needed to be running on unionfs. From what I can tell
astlinux is running in unionfs as of 0.6*. Am I missing something else? This
feature would be real awesome to have.

2) I would like to help on development specifically related to the web
interface...maybe a bit of the actual astlinux modules (different programs).
I am lost though on how the whole buildroot thing works. My skills as of
present are based in package type linux distros. A long while back I use to
be a slacker but this stuff blows my mind. Are there a few guides out there
to explain how to add/modify what is going on in the Astlinux build scripts?
Haha, I guess I need a dummy guide for it because all I get is that the main
Makefile tells the compiler to run through all the other directories' make
files. Anyways, I'd love to help and contribute. I just need a few
pointers/links to get started.

Thx for all your help.

Sincerely,

Jason Osborne