On 01/20/2010 04:21 PM, Chris Abnett wrote:
> I am trying to use the secondary web server from mini_httpd  but am unable
> to get it configured correctly...  it seems no matter what I put where it
> wasn't to run on the defaults which is pulling its files from /ftfpboot and
> having cgi disabled...   want went into /stat/etc/rc.conf and edited the
> paramaters to change the httpdir and such.. and then rebooted my astlinux
> machine. The changes make it into /etc/rc.conf  however the web server still
> will not pull the files from my new directory.
> Any help is appreciated
> -Christopher

Christopher,

Never edit the /stat/etc/rc.conf file (or /etc/rc.conf for that matter).
  The 'rc.conf' file is generated from one of two sources.
/mnt/kd/rc.conf or the concatenation of several '.conf' files in
/mnt/kd/rc.conf.d/  If /mnt/kd/rc.conf.d/ exists, this takes precedence.

Documentation for that needs to be added to the wiki.  I thought it was
there already, but perhaps someone can get a full explanation of the
'configuration' files added tonight.

Sorry for the confusion.

Darrick
--