Hi Matthew

Without wanting to confuse matters too much in my ignorance, here are a
couple of points:

1. Never edit any non /mnt/kd files (there are two exceptions: see
http://doc.astlinux.org/userdoc:tt_editable_files). The majority of the
Astlinux file system is rebuilt via script on reboot, and many system and
Asterisk files are in fact symlinks.

2. When you use the GUI to change timezone settings, this writes to
/mnt/kd/rc.conf.d/gui.network.conf - did you check what was present in this
location, if anything?

It can be confusing to work out exactly where the .conf files which are used
actually are. See the note highlighted in yellow on the DAHDI page:

http://doc.astlinux.org/userdoc:dahdi

I've certainly managed to get correct timezone settings entirely via the
GUI, never touching enything via CLI.

Hope this helps

Tom

PS  An outside chance - is your problem definitely with the system time, and
not just with the timestamping of CDR entries? See
http://doc.astlinux.org/userdoc:faq#the_cdr_tab_gives_time_in_the_wrong_time
zone