I now use Transcend on the HP Thin clients, and have not had any
problems. Their 1 Gig is a direct plug replacement for the original
(smaller ) flash, and costs considerable less than a CF adapter and CF
card. I have also used with success just about any CF card, including no
name ones in the HP's with no problems.
The HP thin clients use a flash with a 44 pin socket, mating to 44 pin
plug on the MB. Not all CF adapters worked with the HP.
For anyone not needing multiple Ethernet ports, the HP thin clients are
a nice fit with AstLinux.

John Novack

>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/soekris-t...@lists.soekris.com/msg

--