>Hi Folks,
>
>Does AstLinux have t.38 pass through support?
>
>Thanks
>
>Mark

Hi Mark,

yes Astlinux completely supports it, without any additional packages.

I have a test scenario here: 3 Astlinux boxes:

A: Astlinux trunk with Asterisk 1.6.2.x (SENDER)
B: Astlinux 0.7.3 with Asterisk 1.4.36 (PASSTHRU)
C: Astlinux trunk with Asterisk 1.8-svn (RECEIVER)

The trunk boxes also have spandsp + libtiff included.

Now I can generate a outgoing Fax with T.38 on box A (with the
included fax system (spandsp) and send it via SIP to box B,
box B then forwards the call again via SIP to box C, which receives
the fax with the included fax system (spandsp) with T.38.

So box B works fine as a T.38 passthru device (with the standard
0.7.3). This works only via SIP! And Asterisk will NOT work as a T.38
gateway, even with 1.8.

Please don't ask me for configuration options, it me some time to get
it working (but not because the passthru function) :-).

Michael

http://www.mksolutions.info