Felix,

There isn't an easy way to upgrade from 0.7.6 with Asterisk 1.4 to 0.7.6
with Asterisk 1.8.  It can be done, but you need to do some manual changes.

The easiest way to handle this would be to change the repository on the
web interface to use the path to the Astlinux images with 1.8 versions
of Asterisk, then upgrade when the next release is out.  (Which should
be very soon).

If you want to do this manually, you'll need to manually mv your
existing astlinux-0.7.6 files to astlinux-0.7.6-a.*.  Manually mv Xver
to ver, then perform the upgrade.

After you reboot, delete the 0.7.6-a files.

Darrick

On 03/02/2011 04:29 AM, felix.glade-beu...@componio.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded astlinux from Version 0.7.5 to the latest one, 0.7.6 from
> the web-backend.
> 0.7.5 ran with Asterisk 1.8.x. After upgrading the firmware to 0.7.6
> the version number of asterisk is 1.4.x. Is it possible to switch to
> Asterisk 1.8.x within the latest installed firmware?
>
> Thanks to all!
>
> Felix

Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC