Am 27.09.2011 um 14:58 schrieb David Kerr:

> Yes, but I have not attempted to implement it.   There is a SendFAX
> application in Asterisk to which you have to pass a .tiff file. You would
> have to figure out how to get that .tiff file (which you may have to convert
> from a PDF) onto the Astlinux box.  Once on the astlinux box you then have to
> trigger a outgoing call... perhaps by using a .call file (see
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out and/or
> http://www.the-asterisk-book.com/unstable/call-file.html ). Also google on
> "asterisk email to fax"
>
> I could be wrong... but I think the hardest part will be receiving the email,
> I don't know if astlinux has a mail server to receive.  But once you have a
> file on astlinux the actual process of sending it should be easy.
>
> David

Right, Astlinux has no receiving mail server, and pdf-to-tiff (ghostscript) is
not so easy than the other way round.
As you said, the only managable way would be IMHO uploading/transferring a
.tiff file to the Astlinux box and then creating a call file via another
background job (receiver number must be in the filename of the .tiff).

But that all is not very userfriendly. Which normal user would want to create
tiff files?

Michael

http://www.mksolutions.info