Nedi,
  My source file is attached. Make sure you set attributes correctly once
you upload this (chmod 777 check_fax).  This version fixes the problem with
incorrect process ID in the /tmp/check_fax.pid file... so look inside this
file and then compare to the output of ps command.  The presence of 'sleep
30' in the ps output could have come from anywhere, no guarantee it was from
check_fax. Both should be present if check_fax is running and currently
sleeping.

Once you create rc.local in your mnt/kd directory, it should be editable
from the 'edit' tab in the user interface.

The backup folder is just in case something goes wrong with the pdf
conversion and emailing... the tiff will be stored there.  I don't receive a
lot of faxes so I am not bothered by affect on the CF card write cycles. You
can always modify the script to either not backup, or back it up somewhere
else.

David