Mike,

Did you enable the "dsl-ppp-modem" Arno Firewall Plugin as Michael suggested ?
If not, that should do the trick.

Network tab -> Firewall Plugins: [ dsl-ppp-modem ] { Configure Plugin }

ENABLED=1

MODEM_IF="eth1"

and any other optional variables such as MODEM_IF_IP and MODEM_IP

Finally, { Save Changes } and "Restart Firewall"

Lonnie

PS: I've never used this plugin, so let us know if it works.