I'll weigh in here too... I use Vitelity as my primary VoIP provider.  I
find them completely reliable and of high quality for all domestic (within
USA) calls.

Their track record is not as solid on international calls. There are only a
couple of countries I call regularly (one in europe, another in asia) and
sometimes calls don't go through, sometimes I get no ring back but person
answers.  And once or twice (a few years ago) I had one-way audio problems.
And with almost 100% consistency my callerid information is not correctly
passed on to the callee.  Their tech support has been excellent. When I
open a ticket for these or any other problem it is addressed quickly. When
I complain about an international call they will setup a different route to
that country and ask me to test.

The only one they seem unable to solve is the callerid which they state is
out of their hands.... they state that the information is absolutely passed
on and that if it is not displayed at the other end it is a problem at the
other end, not with them.  I have exactly the same problem with Voipcheap
as well, so I tend to believe them.

David