Thanks Lonnie. I really need the exclude folder option. I am trying to exclude
the "monitor" folder which got 4 years worth of .wav files. Will be hard to
list every file :-) and they keep adding every day.
How come this version of tar does not have the folder exclude option?  Strange

     On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:00 PM, Lonnie Abelbeck