Thanks. All this time and I didn’t realise this.
It works well now although I am having some other trouble with the modem.

Regards
Michael Knill

On 26 Jan 2016, at 2:08 AM, Lonnie Abelbeck <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

There are several ways to do this, but I would start by enabling the
"dsl-ppp-modem" plugin, and from the data below you stated set:
--
ENABLED=1

MODEM_IF="$PPPOEIF"

MODEM_IF_IP="172.30.254.1"

MODEM_IP="172.30.254.2"
--
Give that a try, of course in your DSL modem your NTP server must be set to
172.30.254.1 .

You actually don't need to define either MODEM_IF_IP or MODEM_IP, but it
tightens the iptables rules if you do.

Lonnie