Sorry Lonnie yes I didnt think about it obviously but yes a handy plugin.

Regards
Michael Knill

-----Original Message-----
From: Lonnie Abelbeck <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com>
Date: Saturday, 28 May 2016 at 12:19 AM
To: AstLinux List <astlinux-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Astlinux-users] NAT Loopback

Michael,

The NAT Loopback plugin only apples to internal NAT'ed servers where internal
clients can access those servers by the public IP rather than the local private
IP.  Useful for mobile devices that may hop between the public and private side
of the network.

In the XMPP case it is not NAT'ed since it operates at the network edge
(assuming AstLinux is at the edge).  AstLinux's XMPP server (Prosody) supports
"multihomed" access such that return packets follow the same path they entered,
so a device on the private side could use the XMPP public IP (via the DNS SRV
record) and it would work.  *If* Prosody did not support multihomed access then
a different DNS SRV record would be needed on the private side to point to a
private IP.

Somewhat related, OpenVPN by default does not support multihomed access, but
the OpenVPN Server Configuration:
--
Raw Commands: multihome
--