From: Lonnie Abelbeck <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com>
Date: Monday, 29 May 2017 at 11:29 pm
To: AstLinux List <astlinux-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Astlinux-users] Restricted Shell

Michael,

The problem running 'asterisk -rx ...' is a user's permissions issue, not rbash
per se.

pbx ~ # sudo -u staff asterisk -rx 'sip show peers'
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl
exist?)

This is probably a good thing :-)

Here is something I created for you to play with, a PHP script wrapper to make
Asterisk command calls using AMI ...
(I recall Michael Keuter was interested in something like this as well)

asterisk-command
https://abelbeck.com/lonnie/share/asterisk-command.tar.gz

Place it into /mnt/kd/rbin/ and your rbash users will have access to it.

While I spent a little more time on this than I intended, it's not production
ready until it is tested more.

It should be clear how to add/remove allowed commands, be sure to update the
"usage" as well.

Lonnie

Example:
--
pbx [staff] $ asterisk-command
Usage: asterisk-command command_string

Allowed command strings:
  'core show channels'   - Display information on channels
  'dahdi show status'    - Show all DAHDI cards status
  'sip show peers'       - List defined SIP peers
  'sip show registry'    - List SIP registration status
  'voicemail show users' - List defined voicemail boxes