I use FTP to move files onto Astlinux.  Note that I do not open FTP on the
external interface, only internal.... so I have to OpenVPN in if I want to
FTP from outside my network.

Astlinux can also mount NFS or SMB remote file servers.  But that is not as
lightweight as FTP... and there is a problem shutting down if a SMB server
is still mounted.

David