On Aug 17, 2017, at 4:54 PM, Michael Keuter <li...@mksolutions.info> wrote:

>> Am 17.08.2017 um 23:27 schrieb Adrian Hodgson <adr...@ttechnicals.plus.com>:
>>
>> Can I just ask?
>>
>> when I check with my old system it says I am using runnix-0.4-8057 and when
>> check or ask it to check for updates it says it is running the latest
>> version.
>>
>> Now I appreciate this is on an old HP thin client HP-T5700 so wondering if
>> it
>> recognises runnix-0.4-8057 is the latest that will work with the hardware?
>>

>> I have just done the update and I am running astlinux-1.3.0
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Adrian
>
> The new 1.3.0 upgrade-script checks if your CPU has PAE abilties.
> If not, you won't get a runnix-0.5 upgrade. So yes, this will probably be the
> latest runnix-version for your box.

> Michael Keuter
> mk solutions

Exactly, I did some checking and the HP thin client HP-T5700 has a Transmeta
Crusoe CPU which does not have PAE.

While runnix-0.4-8057 (bootloader) is the last for that hardware, that should
not matter much going forward.

BTW, the AstLinux 1.2.10 Installer ISO is the last to boot on non-PAE CPU's, so
if you want to do a clean ISO install to a non-PAE CPU, use the 1.2.10 ISO ...

AstLinux 1.2.10 Generic x86-32bit (Video Console):
https://s3.amazonaws.com/mirror.astlinux-project/downloads/iso/astlinux-1.2.10-geni586.iso

AstLinux 1.2.10 Generic x86-32bit (Serial Console):
https://s3.amazonaws.com/mirror.astlinux-project/downloads/iso/astlinux-1.2.10-geni586-serial.iso

After initially installed with 1.2.10 ...  "System Firmware Upgrade:" to the
latest ... 1.3+