Thanks for the response.  I still have a lot to learn and you guys have been
great in helping me get this initial system up and running.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lonnie Abelbeck [mailto:li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:34 AM
To: AstLinux Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Astlinux-users] ASTLinux stopped booting

Hi Tim,

Yes, it was running "e2fsck" with stdout redirected to /dev/null so you did
not see it working ... eventually e2fsck will return with a result code if
left long enough.

Good to hear your filesystem is now clean, you might reboot once again to
make sure the filesystem is good.

BTW, if the automatic e2fsck repair did not work, here is the manual
fallback procedure:
--
## reboot, and quickly when the RUNNIX boot menu appears type "shell"
boot: shell

## Wait for a "runnix# " CLI prompt.
## determine the first Linux ext2 partition, usually always /dev/sda2
runnix# findfs LABEL=ASTURW

## using the findfs result, run e2fsck manually, you may want to add -y or
-p options runnix# e2fsck /dev/sda2

## output a list of options for e2fsck
runnix# e2fsck
Usage: e2fsck [-panyrcdfktvDFV] [-b superblock] [-B blocksize]
                [-l|-L bad_blocks_file] [-C fd] [-j external_journal]
                [-E extended-options] [-z undo_file] device

Emergency help:
 -p                   Automatic repair (no questions)
 -n                   Make no changes to the filesystem
 -y                   Assume "yes" to all questions
 -c                   Check for bad blocks and add them to the badblock list
 -f                   Force checking even if filesystem is marked clean
 -v                   Be verbose
 -b superblock        Use alternative superblock
 -B blocksize         Force blocksize when looking for superblock
 -j external_journal  Set location of the external journal
 -l bad_blocks_file   Add to badblocks list
 -L bad_blocks_file   Set badblocks list
 -z undo_file         Create an undo file

## Depending on how you initially configured AstLinux, check if you also
have a ASTKD partition ## (typically /dev/sda3 if it exists) runnix# findfs
LABEL=ASTKD ## If the ASTKD label exists repeat the e2fsck steps above using
the ASTKD label partition.

## reboot by issuing "exit"
runnix# exit

On Aug 29, 2017, at 7:02 AM, Tim Turpin <ttur...@z-harris.com> wrote:

> Never mind.  After sitting at that point for about 15 minutes, it somehow
recovered and finished booting up.  All seems well now.

load up to a certain point and stops with the following screen: