Hi Tim,

As far as FTP, Cody Alderson asked the same question a couple weeks ago

[Astlinux-users] File Transfers From Windows to Astlinux (Asterisk box)
https://sourceforge.net/p/astlinux/mailman/message/35994542/

The "FTP  Server:" can be enabled via the Network tab.

Keep in mind AstLinux is a network appliance, not a general purpose Linux
distro ... our images are less then 50 MB.

You can mount a USB drive ...
--
## insert USB flash drive, typically on /dev/sdb1

## make a mount point
mkdir /tmp/disk

## for a FAT formatted USB drive
mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /tmp/disk
## or
## for a ISO formated USB drive
mount -t iso9660 /dev/sdb1 /tmp/disk

## list files
ls -l /tmp/disk/

## unmount drive
umount /tmp/disk

rmdir /tmp/disk

## remove USB flash drive
--

IMHO, Using "scp" or "sftp" is an easier way to securely transfer files.

Lonnie