From: Lonnie Abelbeck <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com>
Date: Thursday, 2 November 2017 at 7:40 am
To: AstLinux List <astlinux-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Astlinux-users] Qotom Q190G4N-S07

Hi Michael,

I purchased one back in April 23, 2017, here is the writeup:

Qotom Q190G4N-S07 Celeron J1900 Fanless Appliance
https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:board_qotom_q190g4n-s07

I initially used a Crucial SO-DIMM, but had rare lockups, I swapped it with a
Samsung SO-DIMM and has been running perfectly ever since.  Could be I had a
marginal RAM stick.

It has been running 24/7 .

A very professional looking box, customers will be impressed.

The only negative is no serial port, but enabling our "USB TTY Serial Login"
feature easily allows serial CLI access *after* it has properly booted.  You
need to use the VGA port for console access *during* boot and RUNNIX access.
https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:usbtty_serial_login

Note: As with many boards, if the the VGA port is not connected to a monitor at
boot you can't latter attach it and see the console, you must boot with the
monitor attached to use the VGA port.  Not just a Qotom thing.

Here in the US the barebone price is $125 + $34 shipping on Amazon, slightly
less expensive via AliExpress.  Given it is directly shipped from China, any
sort of return would be mostly eaten in shipping costs so if you planned on 1
out of 10 might be a bad unit you could price that into the cost.

A good value IMHO.

Lonnie