Cool that fixed it. Thanks Michael
I have no idea why everything else worked fine?

Regards
Michael Knill

<michael.kn...@ipcsolutions.com.au>:

    > Hmm strange
    >
    > I have this and it still uses 3999 as the from user. Note this is a
derivative of the hostname 3999-IBCBuild-CM1.

-s "WARNING: Backup Failed for archive $FN" monitor...@ipcsolutions.com.au

    > Regards
    > Michael Knill

    Hi Michael,

    I always use the:

    SMTP_FROM="u...@host.com"

    setting in our "user.conf".

    > On 30/9/18, 9:52 am, "Lonnie Abelbeck" <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com> wrote:
    >
    >    Just guessing the From is being derived from your hostname, you did
not mention how you were sending the email.

    >    The -r argument for "mail" defines the From address, including a text
name if you wish (like my example).

<michael.kn...@ipcsolutions.com.au> wrote:

    >> Thanks Lonnie
    >>
    >> Interestingly all my other mails have a from address of
r...@ipcsolutions.com.au but from my script its 3...@ipcsolutions.com.au and
being rejected by my mail server. What specifies the from address?

    >> e.g.
    >> Sep 30 09:32:38 3999-IBCBuild-CM1 mail.err msmtp:
host=smtp.ipcsolutions.com.au tls=on auth=on user=nore...@ipcsolutions.com.au
from=3...@ipcsolutions.com.au recipients=r...@ipcsolutions.com.au
smtpstatus=550 smtpmsg='550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to
send as this sender [SYAPR01MB2430.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com]' errormsg='the
server did not accept the mail' exitcode=EX_UNAVAILABLE
    >> Sep 30 09:32:38 3999-IBCBuild-CM1 mail.info msmtpqueue: (69) msmtp: the
server did not accept the mail msmtp: server message: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client
does not have permissions to send as this sender
[SYAPR01MB2430.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com] msmtp: could not send mail (account
default from /etc/msmtprc)
    >> Sep 30 09:32:38 3999-IBCBuild-CM1 mail.info msmtpqueue: Failure: Keeping
mail queue /var/spool/mail/2018-09-30-09.29.46-0 msmtp/mail pair.

    >> Regards
    >> Michael Knill
    >>
    >> On 30/9/18, 9:21 am, "Lonnie Abelbeck" <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>   Hi Michael,
    >>
    >>   You probably got the one of the envelope addresses wrong.
    >>
    >>   Here is an example where I email myself a note whenever my main
AstLinux box is rebooted...

'$HOSTNAME'" m...@example.com <<EOF
    >>   Rebooted at '$HOSTNAME'
    >>
    >>   [Generated at $(date "+%H:%M:%S on %B %d, %Y")]
    >>   EOF
    >>   --
    >>
    >>   Here are the "mail" options ...
    >>
    >>   $ mail --help
    >>   --
    >>
    >>   Usage: mail [options...] to_addr

    >>     -a file      Attach the given file to the message. (Multiple allowed)
    >>     --mime type  Optionally define the MIME Type of each attached file.
(Multiple allowed)
    >>     -b address   Send blind carbon copies to a comma-separated list of
email addresses.
    >>     -c address   Send carbon copies to a comma-separated list of email
addresses.
    >>     -e           Check if mail is present. (Always exit status of "1")
    >>     -H           Print header summaries for all messages and exit.
(Always no mail)
    >>     -r address   Define the From address.
    >>     -S var=val   Sets the internal option variable, from= and replyto=
are supported.
    >>     -s subject   Define the subject text.
    >>     -t           The sending message is expected to contain "To:", "Cc:"
or "Bcc:" fields.
    >>     -u user      Reads the mailbox of the given user name. (Always no
mail)
    >>     -V           Print version and exit.
    >>     -v           Verbose mode.
    >>     --help       Show this help text
    >>                  Note: Additional mail/mailx options are silently
ignored for compatibility.
    >>   --
    >>
    >>   This is particularly handy if you want to attach a file(s) with one or
more -a file pairs.

    >>   Test from the command-line.
    >>
    >>   Lonnie
    >>

    >>> On Sep 29, 2018, at 6:00 PM, Michael Knill
<michael.kn...@ipcsolutions.com.au> wrote:

    >>> Hi group
    >>>
    >>> Sorry this is probably an easy one.
    >>> I am sending mail from my tarsnap script using the mail command and it
just ends up in the mail spool and does not send.
    >>> What am I doing wrong?
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> Michael Knill

    Michael