> On Nov 16, 2018, at 2:46 PM, John Reynolds <reynold...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I used the 'os-x-cf-write' script from Lonnie to write the 1.3.4 iso to my
> usb, but when I try and boot from it (Qotom Q550) nothing happens. Viewing
> the USB on Mac, I see the folders 'os', 'runnix', and 'isolinux' with a text
> file that contains release notes.
>
> It doesn't seem like that made the USB bootable... clearly I'm missing
> something. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> John R.

Hi John,

My guess is the Qotom Q550 BIOS does not default to prefer USB booting, the
internal SATA has priority.  I have a "Qotom Q530G6" and in the docs:
https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:board_qotom_q530g6
--
Tip → If you need to choose the boot drive, for example when booting the ISO
Installer via a USB drive, on startup (quickly) press the F11 key.

To further test, I download the 1.3.4 ISO (Generic x86-64bit (Serial Console):
since I tested on an PC Engines APU2), used 'os-x-cf-write' to install it on a
SanDisk USB drive, powered down and then booted with the USB drive installed
... it immediately booted off the ISO USB drive as I know the APU2 prefers USB
by default.